Monday, May 5, 2014 The early evening box alarm was sounded for the building on fire in company 26’s area. First responding unit’s arrived on scene to a two story single family home with smoke showing from side A, and fire showing from the basement window’s. Truck and Chief 37 arrived as and assumed second due truck responsibilities. After laddering and ventilating the structure, Company 37 was assigned the basement division of the home. The interior crew’s conducted their searches and began to open up for the engine companies. The fire which had begun in the basement had extended to the floor above. After extinguishing the blaze, it was determined the fire was started by a modified electrical panel in the basement of the home, which was being used as a day care. Company 37 operated on scene for an hour and a half before returning to service.